Garden Party 2016
The Garden Party is Bloedel’s signature fundraiser and the perfect way to spend a summer evening. Guests enjoy hors d’oeuvres crafted by local favorite eateries and mingle on the lawn while clinking glasses filled with festive libations. Never before has it been such a roaring good time to raise critical funds for Bloedel Reserve.
The evening concludes with a delicious dessert finale and short, but spectacular, live auction. This picture-perfect night will celebrate the grandeur of the past while raising crucial funds for Bloedel’s future.
WHEN: Thursday, August 4, 2016 from 4:30-8 p.m.
WHERE: The lawn of the Visitor’s Center
To request an invitation, email Shayla Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org. This event will sell out; please purchase your tickets soon.
Oh, how tempting! Here’s a sample of items that will be auctioned off at the party.
- Chihuly Dinner
- Share an evening of light and laughter with spectacular views of Puget Sound from the shores of Indianola, Washington. Leslie and Dale Chihuly, along with horticulturist and writer Dan Hinkley and architect Robert Jones, invite you and up to seven guests to join them for a memory-making experience. Start at the Hinkley-Jones home in the late afternoon for spiked lemonade and a tour of their remarkable garden in full bloom. Then off to the Chihuly’s beach house for dinner and storytelling as the sun dips into the horizon. You and each of your guests will cap off the night with a personalized book of Chihuly’s artwork.
- Bloedel Cellar Collection – Old Wine Tasting
- We recently found the long-lost key to the basement wine cellar and what a treasure we found! This one-of-a-kind event will feature the chance for ten lucky wine lovers to taste prestigious and rare Burgundy, Bordeaux and California wines from excellent vintages ranging from 1961 – 1978. We even have a couple coveted bottles of 1970 Chateau d’Yquem Lur-Saluces Sauternes. Cheers!
- Mediterranean Cruise
- This spectacular item includes a seven-day Mediterranean cruise for two people aboard a luxurious and elegant Seaborn Odyssey-class ship. You will enjoy world-class service and accommodations, award-winning dining, and incredible adventures as you port-hop through places such as Monte Carlo, Ibiza, Lisbon and Corsica.
- Habachi Dinner in the Japanese Guest House
- Private dinner for 10 prepared and served by Bloedel’s Executive Director and past-life Hibachi Chef, Ed Moydell. Sip crafted libations and sake while you’re wowed with his knife and culinary skills!
- Sage Reel & Fishing Trip
- Calling all anglers! This fintastic package includes all the necessities to help you successfully snag the native coastal cutthroat trout in Puget Sound. Included in the package: One 9-foot, 6-weight SALT rod, Sage fly reel and fly line. Sage employee, Jesse Robbins, will help fine-tune your fly casting skills with a private lesson and give a behind-the-scenes tour of the Sage manufacturing facilities where you can witness the process of making the world’s finest fly rods. Then, with rod in hand, you and a friend will hit the waters of Puget Sound for a four-hour guided fishing trip with Captain Ben Zander of Sound Fly Fishing. All this and a box of hand-tied flies can be yours if you’re the highest bidder! What a catch!
Thank you to our 2016 Garden Party Sponsors: